-
After 1 year: slomotion boot
Hello,
my GF's Mom has a AMD 1 GHz 128 MB RAM wich was running with a Knoppix HDD install (3.1) without any trouble.
After a year it suddenly took approx. ten minutes or longer to boot. Nothing has changed neither hadware nor software. Its basicly a modern typewriter with internet-browser
Unfortunetly the TFT-Display did not support any modes of the boot-up sequences so we tried booting from CD, both knx 3.4 & 3.6.
The boot was also very slow and after HDD installation of those versions the same Problem accured.
Now we finaly managed to get a CRT monitor. Everything is going pretty slow- the things it remains at the longest:
-RAM disc: compresd image found at block 0
-calculating module dependencies (lots of lines refaring to moduls.dep and many more. also it displays: hint: insmod errors can becaused by incorrect module parrameters/invalid io or irq)
when booting from CD its stopping especelly long at:
"CD unable to locate rsdp"
Now I am not a linux expert, I'm just one of those who are able to get Knoppix installed on the harddrive, that's about it.
So I am pretty clueless and I wold aprecheate any help to avoid installing windows. Thanks
-
Senior Member
registered user
There is only 3 things I can think of:
1) Check memory...test mem option using cd. I doubt this is the problem.
2) Check hardisk for bad block or hardisk error. This is more likely the problem. I had similar problem, took me >10 min just to boot cd. After doing some scanning....I found the evil...>1000 bad blocks.
3) Could be the hardisk is full.
Good luck
Similar Threads
-
By WaKa in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-01-2005, 05:45 AM
-
By chris-harry in forum Games
Replies: 13
Last Post: 01-03-2005, 02:30 AM
-
By chris-harry in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-03-2005, 02:27 AM
-
By ILoveChessAndCompScience in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-21-2004, 06:22 PM
-
By Ritchie in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-25-2003, 02:35 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

Dell PowerVault MD3000i AMP01 Storage Array 4x Cad 2x PSUs No HDDs/Controllers
$164.95

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives
$149.95

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88

Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA HDD
$14.99

Serial ATA two-port SATA PCI card (SiI3112 sil3112 chipset)
$18.99

KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health
$360.00