check to make sure /etc/rc5.d/S99rmnologin exist.
or
run dpkg --configure -a ; maybe you missed some configuration.
Above doesn't work, try delete user and recreate user again:
userdel username
useradd -m -d /home/username username
![]()
![]()
After doing a synaptic upgrade of kde I could not login. I got to the tty1 prompt so I just did Apt-get install gdm and that got me into the desktop. After shutting down and later starting up again, I cannot login as user, only root.
How can I get access to my account back? With gdm preferably or with kdm?
check to make sure /etc/rc5.d/S99rmnologin exist.
or
run dpkg --configure -a ; maybe you missed some configuration.
Above doesn't work, try delete user and recreate user again:
userdel username
useradd -m -d /home/username username
![]()
![]()
I run that as root or from the cd.
From root.
![]()
![]()

Cisco Catalyst C9300L-48PF-4X-48-E V02 Port Full PoE+ Switch
$1900.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99
NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED
$2999.99
Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00
Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00
Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver
$79.89