Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: HDD install, new lcd monitor

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    11

    HDD install, new lcd monitor

    I just purchased a new LCD monitor and when I boot from my HD it says "not supported". Yep, I tossed in the cd and was able to use framebuffer mode, and it worked but not very good. What would be the best way to optimize thes monitor and how do I modify my HDD install. Yes, I still can hook-up the old monitor as a temporary solution, but I would like to use the new one.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    788
    On my compaq lcd, I use this cheatcode: vga-normal

    Try boot cd using this cheatcode or any other cheatcode. If it boots okay, then you can append that codes in lilo.



  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    11
    I can try that. As I said, it works in framebuffer mode when I boot the live cd. Your suggestion may be more optimized, which is what i'm looking for. How do I modify lilo after I try this?

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    788
    JUst hook your old monitor and boot from hd.
    Edit /etc/lilo.conf and append the cheatcode, ex: fb1280x1024

    image=/boot/vmlinuz
    label="Linux"
    root=/dev/hdc5
    initrd=/boot/initrd.img
    append="devfs=mount hdd=ide-scsi splash=silent acpi=ht fb1280x1044"
    read-only
    **This is not a real lilo.conf, I just made it up. The important part is "append="
    line where you add cheatcodes.

    After editing and save the lilo.conf , you need to update lilo.
    Open root konsole and run this command: lilo


Similar Threads

  1. No monitor
    By tdmayo in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-27-2005, 01:30 PM
  2. Monitor not stretching
    By pteripteri in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-12-2005, 06:28 AM
  3. monitor
    By alghieri in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-06-2005, 04:09 PM
  4. Monitor refresh after HDD install?
    By colin stewart in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-23-2004, 04:16 AM
  5. Problemas al Instalar monitor , Installing Monitor
    By comanam in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-09-2003, 07:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W picture

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W

$285.97



Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700 picture

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700

$289.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD

$119.99