-
Junior Member
registered user
toram copy to ram very slow with 2.6 kernel
When I use the toram option, copying the cd to ram using the 2.4 kernel happens in
a few minutes with data transfer of average about 4 MB/s. But if I try to do
the same thing using the 2.6 kernel the time to copy cd to ram is much slower,
about 45 minutes with data transfer rate of about 250 kb/s. This is using knoppix 3.6.
I'm using the same cheatcodes in each case, the only thing I change is to use knoppix26
instead of knoppix. Cheatcodes I'm using are:
toram nodhcp home=/dev/hda2 noapm noagp acpi=off dma config=scan
Motherboard has serverworks LE chipset. Knoppix all works great after booting
from 2.4 kernel.
Does anyone know why it's so slow with the 2.6 kernel? Can you tell me how to get
it to work?
-
Junior Member
registered user
additional info
Couple of extra points:
1. there are known problems with the ide interface in serverworks chipset; so I plugged in
a promise tx2 udma card to drive the disks, get exactly the same behviour - fast copy to
ram with 2.4, very slow with 2.6
2. I tried using 'atapicd' cheatcode in 2.6 but made no difference
Very puzzled.
Similar Threads
-
By lilsirecho in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-04-2004, 12:52 AM
-
By Bernd Blaauw in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-07-2003, 02:50 AM
-
By gadave in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-08-2003, 09:45 AM
-
By -SPM-Mad in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-30-2003, 03:56 PM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-21-2003, 09:33 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

HP EliteBook 830 G8 Core I7-1185G7 3.00GHz Laptop 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD
$250.00

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99

Microsoft Surface Pro 5 Silver 128GB SSD 4gb RAM
$97.97

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4
$279.99

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99

HP Envy X360 15t-w100 Core [email protected] 8GB 256GB SSD Win11Hm Nvidia GeForce
$170.00