-
Really weird files on HDD after wine
Am using a Knoppix 3.7 Live CD.
I used wine to run a Wndows app and it locked up the system.
I had to reset. I was locked up hard.
After reboot, I have found on my HDD two really weird files and one weird directory.
The files are ".Xauthority" and "OOICONS.tar.gz". The directory is ".nessusrc.cert".
The filenames are correct but the owner and group are random numbers.
For example, the ".Xauthority" has owner 1531901541 and the group is 1635018088.
The sizes show as 1.7Gb for the files and 774Mb for the directory.
The directory is named similarly.
They are all read-only and I can't rename, chown or delete them even with sudo.
They look similar to file names on a Windows box that are corrupted.
Anybody have an idea how I can rename, delete or otherwise repair these files
short of losing the contents of the entire drive.
Thx
<EDIT>
I got it fixed.
I didn't want to but I used e2fsck and just let it do as it would.
Luckily it fixed all the errors and I only lost one directory. The firefox directory.
I can just put firefox back again. It could have been worse.
I was sweatin' bullets the entire time.
</EDIT>
Similar Threads
-
By NewGuy in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-08-2005, 12:38 AM
-
By bigjnsa in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-09-2004, 01:19 AM
-
By socrates in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-11-2004, 12:17 PM
-
By sn0wflake in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 12-02-2003, 04:22 AM
-
By AlterEgo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 04-13-2003, 08:36 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

ASRock Z890 Nova WiFi LGA 1851 Intel Z890 ATX Motherboard
$184.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

GIGABYTE B550 Gaming X V2 AMD AM4 ATX Motherboard, Ryzen 5000
$70.00

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

JINSHA B450M B450 AM4 MicroATX Motherboard DDR4 2DIMM M.2 W/ IO SHIELD
$49.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW
$121.45

MSI B460m-Bomber LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen B460 M-ATX Intel Motherboard
$59.99