-
Senior Member
registered user
Installing Knoppix for Server
I'm trying to intall Knoppix for a server on my mom's company's computer. First of all-How do I make sure it's installed for a server? Next, while I'm at my house, I'd like to be able to get online with this computer so I won't have to switch monitors, keyboards, mouses, etc. I'm not sure how to tell whether it has an internal modem (I think it does), and then, how to tell whether it's serial or usb, and at what port it is. The guy that runs the company's computers and stuff also gave me a Fedora set to try. I've heard that Fedora sucks. Anway:
-Install for server
-Find out if there is internal modem
-Find out what port modem is at
Similar Threads
-
By MaldiGola in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-10-2004, 03:45 AM
-
By rslaats in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-27-2003, 11:40 PM
-
By cmcclean in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-03-2003, 01:52 PM
-
By jza in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-03-2003, 11:30 PM
-
By Robert Michel in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-26-2003, 01:21 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected] Laptop
$220.36

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14" 16GB, Storm Gray
$356.80

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99

Lenovo Thinkpad T590 Gen1 8th Core i7 32GB 512GB Touchscreen RJ45 Win 11 Pro
$339.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99