The new installer is called knoppix-installer. See the Docs section about installing howto's or ask.
I want to be able to install knoppix on my hard drive so it will boot from hard drive. I'm fairly new to linux I downloaded a instruction sheet that says all i have to do is type ctrl-alt-f1 and type in knx-hdinstall that does not seem to work at all. Any suggestions?
The new installer is called knoppix-installer. See the Docs section about installing howto's or ask.
Do a search in this forum. It has been disscussed soooooo many times.
![]()
![]()
Bubba,
First of all, Welcome to Linux, and the Debian "Sid" which is what Knoppix is based on...
Secondly, depending on the version of Knoppix you are installing, the installers changed between two versions, and since the version was not specific of what you have, I can only guess you are running Knoppix v3.4 or higher...
knx-hdinstall was used in installers, pre to version 3.4
knoppix-installer is currently, the newer installer, used in versions 3.4 or higher - or so I think.
Again, Welcome, and hope to have you contribute your learning, and assistance, to this forum. We all contribute our "knowledge", and our concerns, and our problems, through a "volunteer" process, within these forums. ( heck, 95% of my "posting count" has been in questions, problems, and concerns, but I try to help too)
Welcome to the "free" OS side, and hope your install goes good
Ms. Cuddles

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
Lot of 3~BAD~NON-WORKING Micron 64GB 4DRx4 PC4-2666V-LE2 Server RAM Memory DDR4
$600.00
Lot of 88GB (22x4GB) ADVANTECH 1RX16 DDR4 PC4-2400U AQD-D4U4GN24-HP MEMORY RAM
$286.00
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
LOT OF 4 Samsung 16GB DDR4-2666 ECC UDIMM 2Rx8 PC4-21300 M391A2K43BB1-CTDQ
$469.95
Lot of 2~BAD~NON-WORKING Micron 64GB 2Rx4 PC4-2933Y-RB3 Server RAM Memory DDR4
$400.00
Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V
$41.00
Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00