-
Failure to save Configurations-Persistant Home or saved Conf
Knoppix is fine for a first Time Linux user. I am using V3.2-2003-23-EN and boot fron CD. It does not find my network card(DFE-530TX) or parrallel port Zip Drive. I configure the net card from the drivers list and also The DHCP selection and voila I have Internet. I then made a persistant home on my Prime HD(30 MB in Size) and also saved my config to the same drive. I also setup my USB HP932c Printer. Neither Knoppix home=scan(or the long version) or Knoppix myconfig=scan(or the long version) commands bring up my Netcard or printer settings, things that I assumed were saved to be retreived at start. Am I doing something wrong?(PC P3 1G 512Ram, 2 20gig Maxtor drives-10 gig free on main-WinXp Pro installed). Knoppix does also see my CD-RW and DVD-CD. Is there some bug in the save routines ? I have yet to get the Zip to work(boot with disk In-re posts here). Any Help would be appreciated greatly.
Nesser
-
Senior Member
registered user
What's file system on the HD partition are you saving the config file to?
If it's NTFS you're out of luck. Knoppix won't support writing to that file system as it could destroy the whole partition if something went wrong durring the write. Save it to a FAT or Linux partition. Floppies are too small to save the typical 5-10 Mb file.
-
Failure to save config
The file system is FAT32. I finally saved both persistant and config after repeated retries with no real explanation as to why they were not saved initially ?
Nesser
Similar Threads
-
By tschloss in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-14-2005, 05:51 PM
-
By kayl in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-02-2004, 06:52 PM
-
By pelican in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-06-2004, 04:03 PM
-
By -=NTL=- in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-25-2003, 10:28 PM
-
By Alcar in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-24-2003, 11:03 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

RAM G. SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB 2x16GB DDR4 3200 CL16 F43200C16Q64GVK Matched
$149.99

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00

ACCLAMATOR 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 6000MHz Desktop RAM AMEU16G58H-6000
$350.00

Lot of 20 ~8GB DDR4 GAMING DESKTOP RAM (16GB PC4 Memory Kits) Mix Brands ~TESTED
$600.00

Kingston 16GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA-SA2-12 Laptop RAM SODIMM (HP32D4S2S8ME-16)
$64.99

Crucial 8GB 1Rx8 DDR4-3200 UDIMM 1.2V Non ECC Memory RAM PN: CT8G4DFRA32A.M8FJ
$55.00
![[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc. picture](/store/img/g/IKQAAeSwEK9qv9TG/s-l225/-BULK-LOT-OF-10-UNITS-of-8GB-DDR4-Laptop-RAM-SAMSU.jpg)
[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc.
$299.99

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

16GB ( 4X 4GB ) MEMORY DDR3 PC3-10600 1333MHz FOR DELL OPTIPLEX 790 780 990 980
$39.99