check to make sure /etc/rc5.d/S99rmnologin exist.
or
run dpkg --configure -a ; maybe you missed some configuration.
Above doesn't work, try delete user and recreate user again:
userdel username
useradd -m -d /home/username username
![]()
![]()
After doing a synaptic upgrade of kde I could not login. I got to the tty1 prompt so I just did Apt-get install gdm and that got me into the desktop. After shutting down and later starting up again, I cannot login as user, only root.
How can I get access to my account back? With gdm preferably or with kdm?
check to make sure /etc/rc5.d/S99rmnologin exist.
or
run dpkg --configure -a ; maybe you missed some configuration.
Above doesn't work, try delete user and recreate user again:
userdel username
useradd -m -d /home/username username
![]()
![]()
I run that as root or from the cd.
From root.
![]()
![]()

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99
Digital Movie Poster (USB-flash drive)
$100.00
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00