check to make sure /etc/rc5.d/S99rmnologin exist.
or
run dpkg --configure -a ; maybe you missed some configuration.
Above doesn't work, try delete user and recreate user again:
userdel username
useradd -m -d /home/username username
![]()
![]()
After doing a synaptic upgrade of kde I could not login. I got to the tty1 prompt so I just did Apt-get install gdm and that got me into the desktop. After shutting down and later starting up again, I cannot login as user, only root.
How can I get access to my account back? With gdm preferably or with kdm?
check to make sure /etc/rc5.d/S99rmnologin exist.
or
run dpkg --configure -a ; maybe you missed some configuration.
Above doesn't work, try delete user and recreate user again:
userdel username
useradd -m -d /home/username username
![]()
![]()
I run that as root or from the cd.
From root.
![]()
![]()

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00
Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29
Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95
SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99
Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit
$199.97
Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00
VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75
ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm
$48.95