OK no reason to help me anymore. I fixed the problem by adding more SWAP.
Yo! I am trying to remaster Knoppix 3.6 using KnoppixRemasteringHowTo manual.
Everything works fine until I am trying to create the compressed filesystem. The prozess suddenly interrups and dops me back to the root terminal. I see only a "Killed" message after those block compression ratios. I allready tried it 2 times. First time it interrupted at 37%. Just now at 36%. HELP!!
OK no reason to help me anymore. I fixed the problem by adding more SWAP.
Try this program:
http://quozl.linux.org.au/compressloop-1.9-64bit.c
to compile it use:
gcc -o compressloop compressloop-1.9-64bit.c /usr/lib/libz.a
This program doesn't use the memory to store the file before the writing on disk, so I think that it is quicker and doesn't freeze the pc.
I'm trying to modify it to allow compressed files bigger than 2GB!

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
Supermicro 938-16 16-LFF MicroCloud SuperServer 5038MR-H8TRF *No Blade Servers*
$159.99
Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99
Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08