OK no reason to help me anymore. I fixed the problem by adding more SWAP.
Yo! I am trying to remaster Knoppix 3.6 using KnoppixRemasteringHowTo manual.
Everything works fine until I am trying to create the compressed filesystem. The prozess suddenly interrups and dops me back to the root terminal. I see only a "Killed" message after those block compression ratios. I allready tried it 2 times. First time it interrupted at 37%. Just now at 36%. HELP!!
OK no reason to help me anymore. I fixed the problem by adding more SWAP.
Try this program:
http://quozl.linux.org.au/compressloop-1.9-64bit.c
to compile it use:
gcc -o compressloop compressloop-1.9-64bit.c /usr/lib/libz.a
This program doesn't use the memory to store the file before the writing on disk, so I think that it is quicker and doesn't freeze the pc.
I'm trying to modify it to allow compressed files bigger than 2GB!

HP ZBook Fury G8 15.6'' Intel Xeon W-11955M 2.6GHz 64GB RAM 1TB SSD RTX A2000
$599.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$427.48
External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$15.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$288.98
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1769.85
Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$465.02
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Apple Macbook Pro 16" M1 Max 10-Core 32GB 1TB - Good
$1099.99