-
Cheatcode: screen=1280x1024 doesn't work
I'm the newest of newbies. I tried to use the "knoppix screen=1280x1024" cheatcode (I typed it exactly like that at the boot prompt). During boot, a line reading "Modes" appears and lists 1280x1024 (I assume these are the compatible modes reported by my monitor). Still the maximum resolution that Knoppix will allow me to select is 1152x864; the cheatcode doesn't work for me. Am I missing an important step? What can I do do utilize all of my screen area?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Screen resolution does not depends solely on monitor, it also depends on the capability of your display card.
Maybe you need to increase your refresh rate.
-
Adjusted refresh rate too
My LCD monitor only supports 1280x1024 at 60Hz. My MSI video card is quite capable of this configuration in Windows. Even the Knoppix boot screen and start-up mesages fill the whole screen. But when knoppix boots, it's will only dispay 1152x864.
I'm able to use vsync=60; that cheatcode works. But it still doesn't allow me to select 1280x1024.
Any ideas?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Just to see if I can get some assistance here,
It has come to my ( previous ) knowledge, that I have used a combination of two cheatcodes to acheive the resolution goal. Never used the "vsync" one. what usually worked for me, was the following:
knoppix screen=1280x1024 vrefresh=60
This has worked everytime on my ViewSonic ViewPanel VA700, through Knoppix v3.2, v3.3, and now, v3.4 - with v3.2 and v3.3 using an ATI All-In-Wonder video card, and v3.3 and v3.4 using a NVidia GeForce 4 MX440 video card. ( monitor was the same in both video cards )
Hopefully, this helps,
Ms. Cuddles
-
Thanks Ms. Cuddles. I tried that combination of cheatcodes. While it locked my refresh rate at 59Hz (close enough), it still won't let me use 1280x1024.
Any other thoughts on this? Could it be a video card driver? Perhaps Knoppix doesn't fully support my NVIDIA Ti4200.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hmmmm,
The card sounds familiar, maybe see if someone else has "tread this same ground" 
Try a Search Knoppix.net ( in the top text box ), and look for nvidia ti4200 - you might also see what NVidia's web site has to say bout this as well, NVidia, though not a "standard" inclusion in Knoppix, does provide good support for Linux drivers -=- Just some options, off the top of my head...
Similar Threads
-
By Albretch in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-29-2005, 10:56 AM
-
By gfs in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-12-2005, 03:45 PM
-
By CCC-Shiner in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-04-2004, 08:24 AM
-
By furryfren in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-01-2004, 12:20 PM
-
By compuhelp in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-13-2004, 03:25 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

Cordless Computer Vacuum 14500Pa 110000RPM Air Duster Blower Keyboard Cleaning
$63.99

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

Mini Cordless Electric Keyboard Car Vacuum Cleaner Cleaning Duster Rechargeable
$9.97

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99

Multifunctional Handheld Vacuum Cleaner & Blower for Keyboard/PC US SELLER
$39.99

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99