-
hosed hd with mbr...how do I install an mbr on good drive
hda cratered but not a big deal, main distro is knoppix 3.6 on hdb. took hda out of the loop, changed jumpers and now computer is reading hard drive but on boot, I am getting loading grub error 22. booted to live cd (3.6) and went to lilo confige under system-admin, but when I choose "y" when it asks me if I want to save current config, the shell closes with an error. How do I go about making an mbr for this single hd now. Its probably easy, but I am a bit paniced right now and cant think of how I should do it.
thanx
helios
Similar Threads
-
By hardware_bum in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-09-2004, 05:11 AM
-
By mzilikazi in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-07-2004, 04:51 AM
-
By Eradicator in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 09-09-2003, 05:21 AM
-
By dsleeb in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-04-2003, 11:27 PM
-
By jmneely in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-30-2003, 07:45 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 512GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$128.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99