-
Kernel Login Bootup Problem
The basics: Knoppix 3.4, hardrive installation
This seems to be a somewhat common problem...but my brother turned the computer incorrectly off last night when it was on Knoppix. I know this causes problems, and I told him he can't do crap this morning till I get it fixed (on the computer I mean...)
Anyway, this system goes through its boot up screen, but then at the end it says:
Code:
Debian GNU/Linux Testing/unstable box tty1
box login: (I login as root, for this example)
password: (after username has been ebntered)
Last Login...blbalbal....
Welcome to Knoppix (Kernel 2.4.26)
root@box# (something like that):
Please help me, I would like to figure out this problem so I know waht to do every time...and the way I want it to work is to load into the graphical login (splash) and then get me into linux, not kernel.
JUST A WHILE AGO the boot up rechecked the harddrive (one of those "it has been mounted 36 times without being checked, forcing...."
Doesn anyone know how to activate this hard drive check for next time? Is it a cheatcode? Do i need to press something when the OS is booting?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Run : fsck
Similar Threads
-
By leif81 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-20-2005, 07:03 PM
-
By b6user in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-21-2004, 04:44 AM
-
By newbie_remaster in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-20-2004, 01:40 AM
-
By funtownarcade in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-10-2003, 11:51 PM
-
By Raymond in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-08-2002, 03:48 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.
$629.99

Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00

Ibm Computer Tower
$400.00

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$200.00

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

Pre Owned | IBM System x3650 M4 AC1 Server with 1x Intel CPU & 16GB RAM
$154.99

IBM System S822 Dual Socket Server Motherboard W/Cage FRU P/N: 74Y4343 Tested
$499.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99