-
Help with HDD install
Well, I am trying to install Knoppix 3.4 on my old 300 MHz computer with 64 MB of RAM. Last weekend I successfully installed Red Hat 9, I believe, but it ran really slow. Whenever I pop in the Knoppix cd it runs fairly well, so I thought I would give it a shot. Anyways, I have a 256 MB(probably overkill) DOS partition --hda1--, which includes the SWAP that linux won't start without due to my low amount of memory. Then, I have a 3000 MB linux partition --hda2-- and a 256 MB linux swap partition --hda5--. All that was created through cfdisk. My problem is when I go to install knoppix...It says the requirements aren't fulfilled. WTF? I have about 3 GB for the linux install, which only requires 2 GB and I have a 256 MB for the linux swap, which only needs 128 MB. I have tried everything to get around this, but it won't work. The closest I have got to the install was by using "IGNORE_CHECK=1 sudo knoppix-installer" and then when it got to the formatting part it said it did not have permission or something. Is there any way I can format this before going into the install? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00

Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module
$29.25

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

50x RAM Box Tray DDR2 DDR3 DDR4 DDR5 ESD DIMM Memory Shipping Storage Transport
$9.99

MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT
$159.99

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$30.00

A-tech 16GB Ddr4 Pc4-19200 Dimm/2400mhz 2rx8 1.2v 25822
$49.95

Team Group Team Elite DDR3-1600 DIMM 16GB (2x8GB) 240-Pin Desktop RAM
$35.00