-
Access Dinied on Shared Folder
Hi all. I have shared a folder on my knoppix machine so that a Windows machine and a Suse machine can write files to it. I have clicked on the folder and gave it RW permissions. Suse and Windows can browse the folder but everytime I try to write a file to it, it gives me an Access Denied?
So I need someones help on this since I am new to Knoppix's and like it very well.
Thanks for your time.
Amdmhz
-
nevermind, I just looked at my smb.conf file and I forgot to make the folder writeable..DOH
LOL
Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By Khaotik in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-16-2005, 09:55 PM
-
By FabienO in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-27-2005, 07:40 AM
-
By skontox in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-07-2004, 02:20 PM
-
By punk000 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-08-2003, 06:37 PM
-
By senorian in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-08-2003, 08:24 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$325.99

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

VINTAGE AOPEN MODEL SPI-200 200W AT POWER SUPPLY WITH SWITCH DS-PS-8
$34.95

VINTAGE ESS ES1868 16 BIT ISA SOUND CARD COMPAQ 247428-001 - USA SELLER RM2-SC
$24.95

Vintage Emagic Logic 5 / Logic Audio 4.0 Studio Software Box Manuals Serial
$89.99

RAM-Tester for vintage RAM, 4816, 4164, 41256, 514402, and more - USA Seller
$35.00

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00

Vintage RARE Gigabyte GA-5AA Socket 7 Motherboard AMD K6-2 400mhz BOOTS TO BIOS
$224.99