Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Creating floppy disc on laptop

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2

    Creating floppy disc on laptop

    How can I make a bootfloppy for Knoppix from Windows. I'm not able to access both cdrom and floppy at the same time (they use the same bay). I found a solition for an earlier version of Knoppix (3.3) with a reference to mkfloppy.bat on the cdrom, but this file is not there on the most recent release. I want to make a poor mans install but I don't av admin so I can't edit boot.ini but a floppy would be a smooth solution (I have an external USB2 cdrom/dvdburner but it only comes up after the os loads).

    By the way, I'm running Knoppix on a IBM T21 with XP and it runs just fine. I fiddled a little bit with the soundcard, and it sometimes crashes, but I was really impressed that it actually recognized all my external stuff like my pcmcia usb2 card, and external maxtor 200gb harddrive. I'm storing my home folder (img) and config files on the maxtor.

    Any solution is appreciated, the Howtos seem a littlebit outdated...

  2. #2

  3. #3

Similar Threads

  1. No Floppy with IBM R30 Laptop
    By downdogWoof in forum General Support
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-11-2004, 05:14 PM
  2. Creating a floppy disk after hdd installation!
    By CommonCtrl6 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-25-2003, 09:24 PM
  3. Creating a configuration floppy!
    By Mr. Bird Poo in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-14-2003, 06:39 PM
  4. Missing Image File for Creating Boot Floppy
    By jnowlin in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-07-2003, 09:20 PM
  5. booting from a laptop with NO cd but it does have a floppy
    By MikeyMustang in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-03-2003, 03:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$318.99



Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4 picture

Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4

$39.00



Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



HGST HUS726060ALE610 0F23001 6TB HDD 3.5

HGST HUS726060ALE610 0F23001 6TB HDD 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K Hard Drive (V6315)

$69.95



Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS picture

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS

$184.99



(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE

$199.99