I dont know, but I am sure google can help you much better than most ppl here... and there might be some documentation.Originally Posted by method
well i got 2 pc . In one of them i use knoppix live cd and in my lap top i am running windows xp. I got usb 2 network cable and also cross over cable cat5 . Is it possible to setup a network that allow me transfer files between these two computer. I want to know how i can set up the network.Thanks
I dont know, but I am sure google can help you much better than most ppl here... and there might be some documentation.Originally Posted by method
Goto http://www.google.com/linux
In the search bar type
"crossover cable" + windows
Hit enter
Read the first link
or click on this
http://linuxnewbies.editthispage.com/tips/20001122
For your next question"how do I set my ip and netmask in knoppix??"
open a console and type in
man ifconfig
or use netcardconfig
yuo coul use samba for that, or setup the knoppix pc as a ftp server...
several possibilities.

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$39.99
NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99
TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$14.86
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99