-
Creating floppy disc on laptop
How can I make a bootfloppy for Knoppix from Windows. I'm not able to access both cdrom and floppy at the same time (they use the same bay). I found a solition for an earlier version of Knoppix (3.3) with a reference to mkfloppy.bat on the cdrom, but this file is not there on the most recent release. I want to make a poor mans install but I don't av admin so I can't edit boot.ini but a floppy would be a smooth solution (I have an external USB2 cdrom/dvdburner but it only comes up after the os loads).
By the way, I'm running Knoppix on a IBM T21 with XP and it runs just fine. I fiddled a little bit with the soundcard, and it sometimes crashes, but I was really impressed that it actually recognized all my external stuff like my pcmcia usb2 card, and external maxtor 200gb harddrive. I'm storing my home folder (img) and config files on the maxtor.
Any solution is appreciated, the Howtos seem a littlebit outdated...
Similar Threads
-
By downdogWoof in forum General Support
Replies: 16
Last Post: 10-11-2004, 05:14 PM
-
By CommonCtrl6 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-25-2003, 09:24 PM
-
By Mr. Bird Poo in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-14-2003, 06:39 PM
-
By jnowlin in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-07-2003, 09:20 PM
-
By MikeyMustang in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-03-2003, 03:47 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Digital Movie Poster ( USB-flash drive)
$100.00

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives
$49.99