-
Junior Member
registered user
problems booting
I tried booting 3.4 on a Dell Optiplex GX150 earlier, and as it was mounting (2.4 kernel, normal setup) it freezes when detecting the cdrom, and then gives me an error saying it can't find the knoppix filesystem, and drops me into a "very limited shell" or something. Well, the cd-rom is there, it was listed as hdc right above that, and I'm wondering what the deal is. This is a classroom set of GX150s, and I'm on 3.4 on an identical pc right now. Only the problematic one has something wrong with it's windows install (says it can't find the system folder, was just gonna go in with knoppix and replace the files). But apparently I can't do that. any ideas?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Check out the knoppix cheatcodes http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/CheatCodes. I also get the same error on some PCs. The code I would use at the boot up splash screen is: knoppix nodma
If that does not work, reference the above link and try others like noapic or failsafe.
As a side note, some people had problems with Dell Optiplex systems. If I recall correctly, they had to get a new bios from the dell support site and flash the machine to the lastest version. Search these forums for the phrase dell optiplex to find out more about this.
I hope this helps.
James
Similar Threads
-
By rockinrodent in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 12
Last Post: 10-19-2005, 01:18 PM
-
By halo_mortal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-20-2005, 03:56 AM
-
By Chthonic Miasma in forum Knoppix DVD
Replies: 17
Last Post: 06-30-2005, 05:46 AM
-
By njmetalmeister in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-05-2004, 10:54 AM
-
By faricazy in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-07-2004, 05:14 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$12.00

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01