-
running X on hdaN
I am running KNOPPIX and I have not problems (in text mode) with applications like R or GRASS that I have in my linux partition hda9. But, it fails when I try to launch a graphical device.
can anybody explain what should I do to run these applications on X windows? (I don´t know how to export the DISPLAY variable)
Thanks in advance
Juan Pablo
Similar Threads
-
By Rob_S in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 14
Last Post: 08-08-2004, 11:45 PM
-
By Raineri in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-24-2003, 10:46 PM
-
By Levon in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 06-20-2003, 01:13 AM
-
By Allowee in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 04-22-2003, 06:33 AM
-
By dvessey in forum Ideas
Replies: 9
Last Post: 02-09-2003, 01:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$125.00

RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 5 SERVER RHF0382US-R1 for PC x86 AMD 64 INTEL 64 30 Day
$188.24

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99

ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version
$215.25

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99