"chroot: cannot run command `/bin/bash': No such file or directory "
It tells you when the CD isn't been copyied correctly; so, it doesn't find /bin/bash file.
You must delete all files, and
cp -Rp /KNOPPIX/* /directory
using root user.
Good Luck
Hi:
I am trying to remaster Knoppix 3.7.
I am following the remastering how-to http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...masteringHowto
When I try to do
chroot /mnt/hda1/knx/source/KNOPPIX
I am getting the following error
chroot: cannot run command `/bin/bash': No such file or directory
Any ideas?
I am getting a lot of
cp: cannot create symbolic link `/mnt/hda1/knx/source/KNOPPIX/vmlinuz.old': Operation not permitted
errors when I run
cp -Rp /KNOPPIX/* /mnt/hda1/knx/source/KNOPPIX
I wonder if it has to do with this?
Thanks
AR
"chroot: cannot run command `/bin/bash': No such file or directory "
It tells you when the CD isn't been copyied correctly; so, it doesn't find /bin/bash file.
You must delete all files, and
cp -Rp /KNOPPIX/* /directory
using root user.
Good Luck
Hello
i have exact the same problem remastering knoppix 3.6 - i cant copy correctly from the cd - i get a lot of errors
cannot create symbolic link, permission denied...
i think therefor the whole remastering doesnt work - i have absolutely no idea why i cant5 copy exactly....
thank you for reply
I would suggest that you try this HOWTO that I wrote. It uses a menu that wraps around the copying, chroot & mkisofs commands so that you do not have to type long complicated commands. Here is the URL http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13867.
I hope this helps.
James
using remaster script is beautiful when you understand everything
and when you need to do a lot.
But for fun,it 's easier to do manually
Mostly copying from cd get into troubles because of:bad cd reflections,bad cd reader alignment...
copy your image KNOPPIX (big file ~700Mb) onto hdd (ext2,ext3 or fat)
mount clooped (/squashfs ) your image and cp from this mountpoint
You get rid of most cd errors!!!
If you had iso file on hdd: just
mount -tiso9660 -oloop knoppis_iso_file /mnt/fun
cp -a /mnt/fun/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX /mnt/yourpartition/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX
If your cd had been burnt
boot it
then
cp -a /cdrom/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX /to where you want/
losetup /dev/cloop1 /whereitis/KNOPPIX
mount /dev/cloop1 /mnt/test
copy from this /mnt/test everything works just fine (and fast ,of course)
it's clear that if your cd has problem,the latter case is useless !!!!
do it from
download iso on hd : no need to burn

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI
$305.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard
$95.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00