Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Running Knoppix

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1

    Running Knoppix

    I've been messing with my computer for quite some time now and I can't seem to get internet access through Windows 98SE via LAN (WiFi AND CAT5). I've wiped and reformatted my HD at least a dozen times within the last month or so and finally got access only through Knoppix 3.3 (lol, yes, yes, I know it's an older version but it's the first time I've gotten internet access on my computer in about 3 months).

    In a nutshell **I'm curious if am able to install Knoppix completely onto my hardrive**. My sound card driver is on CD and if I can't free it up I'm stuck without any sound support. I guess when it comes down to it I'm happy as long as I have browsing ability and a MuD client (if anyone has a suggestion for a nice one I'd appreciate it).

    Thanks for the help~

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4
    this is first time i could ever say rtfm, so i'll be sure to not make it an rtfm

    just cruise to the main forum and go to the section entitled hdd install. it will walk you through it. be sure to read it all before installing. be well

Similar Threads

  1. KNOPPIX running from CD
    By nteixeira in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-29-2004, 06:53 PM
  2. Running Knoppix off of the cd....
    By marcmdm in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-30-2004, 03:01 PM
  3. Knoppix not running right
    By linuxknewb in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-21-2004, 05:37 PM
  4. ICS with knoppix running from CD
    By Pinoccio in forum Networking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-15-2003, 01:36 AM
  5. Running Knoppix in without the X Server running....
    By Raineri in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-24-2003, 10:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD

$219.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11

$374.99



Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14" 16GB, Storm Gray

$356.80



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$398.99



Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.6

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.6" Full HD Laptop - Intel Processor N355 2025- 8G...

$349.99



Lenovo IdeaPad 5 2-in-1 16

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 2-in-1 16" WUXGA Touch Ryzen 7 8845HS 16GB 512GB SSD FPReader

$571.00



Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070

$1469.00



Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11

$229.99



Lenovo Thinkbook 15 G2, i5 1135G7, 256GB, 8GB, 20VE003GUS no OS, Iris Xe, 15.6

Lenovo Thinkbook 15 G2, i5 1135G7, 256GB, 8GB, 20VE003GUS no OS, Iris Xe, 15.6"

$200.00