Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Running Knoppix

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1

    Running Knoppix

    I've been messing with my computer for quite some time now and I can't seem to get internet access through Windows 98SE via LAN (WiFi AND CAT5). I've wiped and reformatted my HD at least a dozen times within the last month or so and finally got access only through Knoppix 3.3 (lol, yes, yes, I know it's an older version but it's the first time I've gotten internet access on my computer in about 3 months).

    In a nutshell **I'm curious if am able to install Knoppix completely onto my hardrive**. My sound card driver is on CD and if I can't free it up I'm stuck without any sound support. I guess when it comes down to it I'm happy as long as I have browsing ability and a MuD client (if anyone has a suggestion for a nice one I'd appreciate it).

    Thanks for the help~

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4
    this is first time i could ever say rtfm, so i'll be sure to not make it an rtfm

    just cruise to the main forum and go to the section entitled hdd install. it will walk you through it. be sure to read it all before installing. be well

Similar Threads

  1. KNOPPIX running from CD
    By nteixeira in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-29-2004, 06:53 PM
  2. Running Knoppix off of the cd....
    By marcmdm in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-30-2004, 03:01 PM
  3. Knoppix not running right
    By linuxknewb in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-21-2004, 05:37 PM
  4. ICS with knoppix running from CD
    By Pinoccio in forum Networking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-15-2003, 01:36 AM
  5. Running Knoppix in without the X Server running....
    By Raineri in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-24-2003, 10:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened picture

TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened

$195.00



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$44.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



NETGEAR ProSAFE GS105E 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Plus Switch Built for Business picture

NETGEAR ProSAFE GS105E 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Plus Switch Built for Business

$11.00



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play picture

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play

$31.99