-
Junior Member
registered user
3.4 can't boot up
So for about 3 months now I have been running a dual boot of knoppix 3.4 and xp pro sp2. I recently encountered problems since my system, my computer became very unstable and thus used windows to fix the mbr. I reinstalled windows and now I just wanted to boot with the cd to run lilo but I can't seem to get pass the hardware detection process. Could someone please offer some insight as to what am missing
cheers
-
Senior Member
registered user
You removed grub loader from mbr.
You must re-enale the grubloader .
I think when create a knoppix bootfloppy from the knoppix cd ,you can create it from there .
Or maybe this can help you :
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/HdBasedHowTo
Go to the section
1.2. Run Knoppix, copy it to HD & make the hd-copy bootable with LILO on HD
1.2.1. Knoppix 3.4 version only
Hope this gets you on the way...
-
Junior Member
registered user
that was what I did before seeing the response and it worked. thanx.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory
$149.99

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55