-
Can only log on as Root
Hi all... I installed Knoppix last week for the first time and it never asked me to setup a standard user., so now everytime I restart my system I am alway logged on as root. I have added users but whenever I end a session so that I can log on as that user it automatically logs on as root. So I am stumped. I know it is not a smart idea to be logged on as root, so I am really trying to fix this. Could someone give me a pointer on how to fix this?
Thanks
Amdmhz
Similar Threads
-
By Markus in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-11-2005, 10:09 PM
-
By Alexxx in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-27-2004, 03:31 PM
-
By Snow in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 02-03-2004, 03:12 PM
-
By gnosys in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 03-21-2003, 07:13 AM
-
By KnoDeb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-06-2003, 09:47 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

Protectli Vault FW4C-0-8-120 - 4 port, Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 128GB
$180.00

NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX
$69.99

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50