These are the 2 messages I get when I type in IWCONFIG or WLCARDCONFIG? I have a DELL D600 with a 1300 card. What do I need to do to use the current card??
These are the 2 messages I get when I type in IWCONFIG or WLCARDCONFIG? I have a DELL D600 with a 1300 card. What do I need to do to use the current card??
I have got the wireless working for dell d600.
Im assuming that you have the broadcom bcm 94306 also called as Dell true mobile 1300.
In order for wireless to run you need to use the ndiswrapper found at
http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net
-----------------------------------------------------
Free Software , Free Speech,Free Society
http://bhavesh.freeshell.org
I'm new to this so what do I do?? I assume I'm suppose to extract the files from the.zip?? Where do I extract them to? what are the steps to do this correctly??
1>Download the Windows Drivers from Dell at http://ftp.us.dell.com/network/R81433.EXEOriginally Posted by sparticus
2>Unzip the self extracting zip file.
3>Run ndiswrapper.sh from Knoppix.
4>Use the inf file located in the <Unzipped dir>/dell/drivers/R81433/IR/bcmwl5a.inf
5>Run from Knoppix Menu--->Network/Internet-->Wavelan Configuration
Follow the detailed instructions in this thread
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14206
Instead of their driver use the dell driver I pointed out.Other then that all the instructions should remain same.
I downloaded the file, extracted and and ran Ndiswrapper. when I type in the location of the .inf file I get the message "the selected file is no *.inf file or the *.inf file is invalid, exiting". this message also pops up if I don't select anything which makes me think it isn't accessing my hda2 where the file is located? I've even hardcoded mnt/hda2/dell/........ and it still can't find it?
WOOPS!! I figured out how to access the .inf file. I just need to go through the wavelan config utility now. Thanks and I'll keep you posted......
Got it to work!! Typing this on LINUX now. thanks again for all your time and help....
how did you do itOriginally Posted by sparticus
mine still keeps saying the same thing, it looks like we have the same problem??
On Dell D600 if you are using the 2.6 kernel which comes with Knoppix 3.6 you need to give the kernel parameter acpi=noirq
Once I gave this prameter my sound card also started working which did not work with kernel2.6.
For pure debian users you also might face the same problem.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Software,Free Speech,Free Society
http://bhavesh.freeshell.org

Vintage 5.25" Floppy Disk Drive Cleaning Kit Lot (1 Scotch 3M + 1 Verbatim) NOS
$49.00
Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99
Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00
Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ*
$80.00
Mixed Lot Of Vintage Software And Drivers - Install Discs - CDs - 94 Pieces
$85.00
Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00
Vintage Toshiba Satellite Laptop T1910CS With Adapter, Mouse, Manual-Parts Only
$150.00
$99.99
Vintage Toshiba Satellite 4090XDVD Intel Celeron 400Mhz Retro - Powers up Cards
$57.59
Vintage 1986 Goldenrod Research Corp CP/M Desktop Computer Syste w/Keyboard
$350.00