Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: No Wireless Extensions/No wireless card found?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5

    No Wireless Extensions/No wireless card found?

    These are the 2 messages I get when I type in IWCONFIG or WLCARDCONFIG? I have a DELL D600 with a 1300 card. What do I need to do to use the current card??

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Posts
    118
    I have got the wireless working for dell d600.
    Im assuming that you have the broadcom bcm 94306 also called as Dell true mobile 1300.
    In order for wireless to run you need to use the ndiswrapper found at
    http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net



    -----------------------------------------------------
    Free Software , Free Speech,Free Society
    http://bhavesh.freeshell.org

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5
    I'm new to this so what do I do?? I assume I'm suppose to extract the files from the.zip?? Where do I extract them to? what are the steps to do this correctly??

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by sparticus
    I'm new to this so what do I do?? I assume I'm suppose to extract the files from the.zip?? Where do I extract them to? what are the steps to do this correctly??
    1>Download the Windows Drivers from Dell at http://ftp.us.dell.com/network/R81433.EXE
    2>Unzip the self extracting zip file.
    3>Run ndiswrapper.sh from Knoppix.
    4>Use the inf file located in the <Unzipped dir>/dell/drivers/R81433/IR/bcmwl5a.inf
    5>Run from Knoppix Menu--->Network/Internet-->Wavelan Configuration

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Posts
    118
    Follow the detailed instructions in this thread
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14206

    Instead of their driver use the dell driver I pointed out.Other then that all the instructions should remain same.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5
    I downloaded the file, extracted and and ran Ndiswrapper. when I type in the location of the .inf file I get the message "the selected file is no *.inf file or the *.inf file is invalid, exiting". this message also pops up if I don't select anything which makes me think it isn't accessing my hda2 where the file is located? I've even hardcoded mnt/hda2/dell/........ and it still can't find it?

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5
    WOOPS!! I figured out how to access the .inf file. I just need to go through the wavelan config utility now. Thanks and I'll keep you posted......

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5
    Got it to work!! Typing this on LINUX now. thanks again for all your time and help....

  9. #9
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    waterloo
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by sparticus
    Got it to work!! Typing this on LINUX now. thanks again for all your time and help....
    how did you do it
    mine still keeps saying the same thing, it looks like we have the same problem??

  10. #10
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Posts
    118
    On Dell D600 if you are using the 2.6 kernel which comes with Knoppix 3.6 you need to give the kernel parameter acpi=noirq
    Once I gave this prameter my sound card also started working which did not work with kernel2.6.
    For pure debian users you also might face the same problem.


    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Free Software,Free Speech,Free Society
    http://bhavesh.freeshell.org

Similar Threads

  1. Wireless Card Not Found - Knoppix STD
    By nmaster64 in forum Other Live CDs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-25-2006, 08:34 PM
  2. No wireless extensions with Zonet USB wireless w/knoppix 3.4
    By dave52355 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2004, 09:23 PM
  3. lo no wireless extensions
    By greenprimary in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-09-2004, 03:26 AM
  4. wireless card not found after apt-get upgrade
    By dr_azeem in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-28-2003, 08:15 PM
  5. "Error: No Wireless Network Card Found"
    By akira28 in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-02-2003, 11:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX4400-EM-4S expansion modules picture

Juniper EX4400-EM-4S expansion modules

$599.00



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord picture

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord

$174.99



Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99 picture

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99

$24.99



Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply picture

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply

$7299.99



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic

$79.86



Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC picture

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC

$8999.99



Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch picture

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch

$245.00



Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45 picture

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45

$59.99