-
Can't get knoppixlang.py to work on iso for language change
A friend gave me a copy of KNOPPIX_3.4-2004-05-17-DE.iso. The md5sum for this checks out OK.
Of course the language for this will be German by default, so before considering burning a CD I went to
http://homepage.hispeed.ch/py430/knoppix/index.html
and got knoppixlang.zip. I also installed Python 2.3 on my Win2000Pro pc. I put the abovementioned Knoppix.iso, the unzipped knoppixlang.py etc files & Python 2.3 all in the same folder on a FAT32 drive.
So I open the python GUI console and enter the line suggested by the knoppixlang webpage:
knoppixlang.py --lang=us KNOPPIX_V3.4-2004-05-17-DE.iso
and i get ----SYNTAX ERROR!!!
Variants like (eg) >>>python knoppixlang.py --lang=us KNOPPIX_V3.4-2004-05-17-DE.iso, or
knoppixlang.py --lang=en KNOPPIX_V3.4-2004-05-17-DE.iso
give other syntax errors. Also, using the python command line instead yields the same non-results.
What am I doing wrong? Is there a bug in this script? Can I change the default language of my iso to english some other way (as opposed to having to manually type it in every time I boot?)
Thanks for any help - I have a slow connection and can't realistically download the en iso.
Similar Threads
-
By Dale in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-07-2005, 07:45 AM
-
By plener in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-17-2004, 11:01 AM
-
By Marquis_24 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-11-2004, 05:28 AM
-
By Ruben in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-14-2004, 04:30 PM
-
By Mr. Elefant in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-02-2003, 04:59 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

ASRock b560 ATX Motherboard + Intel Core i5-11600K CPU Combo Gaming + 32 GB DDR4
$300.00

Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0
$38.00

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core I7-7700 SR338 3.60 Ghz Processor
$39.99

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00

AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad
$355.99