-
Senior Member
registered user
outanet;
Pleased to hear you have had success with toram!
I am addressing this post in Knoppix2.6 in TORAM with 3GB of ram. It shows 876,088KB in memory use and 2,234,112KB of free memory in system guard display.
I find that the toram option works well if the memory setting in the toram script of linuxrc is set to at least "1000000"KB. Mine is set to "3000000"KB in the script. This requires re-master of the minirt26gz.
I have not tried to load Knoppix26 version3.6 from USBHD. I have The DVD version installed therein. I find that myconfig option is OK in TORAM mode.
I did do a strange thing; I loaded the Knoppix version 3.7CD from USBHD (DVD version therein installed) using the TORAM option and myconfig option and the system loaded (with many error messages) using the Kernel from the CD and loading to KDE in the DVD boot-up. The DVD Kernel is 2.6.3. Kernel 2.6.7 was verified as installed in uname -a.
The internet was not accessible, an error message reported that the interface device was not recognized. Thought I would mention it as a sidelight.! The memory figures were all present in the system resources and all DVD programs listed.
Experiment it is!
Good luck in getting Knoppix 3.6 running. Mine runs great as you can see from this post!
Similar Threads
-
By aay in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 18
Last Post: 11-02-2006, 02:18 AM
-
By mlap in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 35
Last Post: 04-18-2005, 09:21 AM
-
By lilsirecho in forum Knoppix DVD
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-03-2004, 01:45 AM
-
By lilsirecho in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-04-2004, 12:52 AM
-
By AzureD in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-27-2004, 03:20 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98