-
Re: ndiswrapper - network card configuration

Originally Posted by
Fattbizkit
Knoppix 3.6 running on IBM Thinkpad A21m w/SMC2635W after several installs.
Knoppix hangs while booting w/card inserted. Where can I find a log of this? I think syslog but I'm green so....
Remove card, reboot. Insert card, NDISWRAPPER seems to work as the light on the card starts to flash indiacating driver is working. In order to get an IP I have to run the network configuration program.
I'd like to know how I could make this automatic and I'd like to find the log so I can post it and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction to solve boot hang issue.
I'd also like to find a Remote Desktop program that will allow me to connect to my XP box from Knoppix and one for XP allowing me to connect to Knoppix. Does this exist?
Hello,
In order to get better service it would be a good idea to start a separate thread rather than clog this one up and ask questions of someone, who, still, for all-intents-and-purposes is a Linux noob. In fact the only thing I know how to do well is get ndiswrapper working ... So:
1. I do not know where the log is of the boot process, except after the fact. The command I believe is dmesg; but this would only be useful if boot was successful.
2. I do not have an automatic script for wireless when I run Knoppix; but I know it is possible. (This is because my HD install uses MEPIS since I read that an HD install of Knoppix can be problematic; and I did not need that being so new to the OS).
3. Connecting XP and Linux can be achieved via Samba. I am learning about this one very slowly, so I cannot help now. Unfortunately, I do not have much time to devote to Linux with writing a thesis.
Cheers,
Grant D. Vallance
-
Re: Success with Knoppix 3.6 and wireless networking
Dude you rock!
I followed your steps exactly and was able to get my card working. I have the same card Belkin FD57011 V1 or whatever that version is. I couldn't get it to work with the original driver to save my life but downloaded the bcmwl5a from a link in the forum and it finally activated the link light. It still took some playing but then I noticed I had both the bcmwl5 and the bcmwl5a loaded so I removed the extra and a few more loops of ndiswrapper and now I'm in business! Awesome!!
-
when i got to step 3 i get a message that the action is prohibited how do i fix this?
also how do i shut off all protection?
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-07-2005, 04:18 AM
-
By FreshAL in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-26-2005, 09:17 PM
-
By jrankin2 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-11-2004, 07:06 PM
-
By Mike UK in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-15-2004, 09:04 AM
-
By Sn0wD0g in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-14-2003, 04:59 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00