-

Originally Posted by
jMon54
I am having a devil of a time getting my wireless to work with my harddrive installed Knoppix 3.6. I am using a Belkin F5D7000 card. I can only get so far before the system just hangs. I think the modprobe does it. I downloaded (via Windows) another driver from the Belkin site and got the same results. If I can't get Knoppix to work with my new wireless connection, I will have to go back to Windows... One question: what if instead of DHCP I use static addresses, what should I do differently from the given instructions?
A couple of things:
1. Rather than clog this thread up; could you please start another thread, say with the title: Trouble with Knoppix 3.6 and Belkin F5D7000 -- and I'll try and be of assistance
2. In that thread could you tell me exactly where things hang?
3. The name of the driver you are using and the version of the card you are using?
4. It does not necessarily follow that if you fail to get Knoppix to work with your wireless connection you have to go back to M$ -- your choice of course. There are many other fine distributions of Linux that are likely to work -- indeed one comes from your neck of the woods -- MEPIS.
5. I little idea what you do differently if you use static addresses, as I use DHCP and am not a networking guru. In any case, I doubt it is this issue that is causing your system to hang.
Cheers,
Grant D. Vallance
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-07-2005, 04:18 AM
-
By FreshAL in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-26-2005, 09:17 PM
-
By jrankin2 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-11-2004, 07:06 PM
-
By Mike UK in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-15-2004, 09:04 AM
-
By Sn0wD0g in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-14-2003, 04:59 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$298.00

NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX
$69.99

Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$640.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00