-
Junior Member
registered user
minimum Knoppix
Hi out there,
I think about a very, very small knoppix, for a rescue system with no X or kde stuff (<50MB).
I only need the hardwaredetection of Knoppix and some tools like ssh,dd, partimage, fsck ...
I want to park the image on a tftp server and boot the "clients" from (with grub) there.
I want to use the "toram" bootoption also for clients with small RAM.
Has anyone a nice command which all does this like:
Code:
apt-get remove all_packages_I_dont_need
Any experiences or suggestions
thanks
gromit
Sorry for my ugly english
-
Senior Member
registered user
I am sorry. I do not have a perfect apt-get remove command for you. However, have you heard of Damn Small Linux? http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/
DSL is based off of knoppix and is about 50MB.
If you are still interested in making your own version of Knoppix, then see the docs http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...masteringHowto or see the HOWTO I made: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13867
I hope this helps.
James
Similar Threads
-
By mjoolnir in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-02-2005, 04:49 PM
-
By Will von Wizzlepig in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-27-2004, 11:07 PM
-
By Dacicus in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-12-2004, 08:58 AM
-
By Steve F in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-12-2004, 10:52 PM
-
By hhlee in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-30-2004, 11:59 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon W-3245 16-Core 3.2GHz (SRFFD) Apple MAC PRO A1991 CPU Processor
$199.99

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU
$7.95

HP Z440 Workstation TWR Xeon E5-1603 v3, 8GB RAM, NVS310, SB1570, NO SSD/OS #95
$89.99

Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10
$109.99