At the boot prompt, type "knoppix lang=us". Next time, pay attention and download the ISO with EN in its name instead of DE.
:?: Is there an english version of knoppix. The version I have is in german. Or is there a way boot into an english KDE desktop? A little frustrated here!
At the boot prompt, type "knoppix lang=us". Next time, pay attention and download the ISO with EN in its name instead of DE.
If the keyboard is wrong too, the ) 0 key will be the = sign.
You can change your downloaded iso to english by running knoppixlang.py
-- see http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14195
You can edit the ISO image.
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...?p=66883#66883
I have no idea why everyone is giiving you bogus information (maybe we're supposed to jerk you around and I never got the memo). But there are both German and English versions of Knoppix. Follow the "Get Knoppix" link above. You want the iso file with EN in the name, as opposed to any of the ones with DE in the name (the German versions). The current one is KNOPPIX_V3.6-2004-08-16-EN.iso, Good luck.Originally Posted by crizzlator
Yes, I think you missed the menu. Anyway, you can start right away.
Opps, that's what I get for posting at 4:00 AM. I'll fix it. Thanks,Originally Posted by Tattenbach
Never mind. I cannot sleep either.
BTW, I just wanted to help the guy that perhaps wants to use the only CD he's got. Did not want to be BOGUS.
Yea, it was too strong a term on my part. Just that people seem to be telling him (and another poster in another thread tonight with the same problem) all kinds of work arounds, but not pointing out the "simple" fix (which, from the original post he didn't seem to know about). When I went back and reread things I saw that baldyeti did mention this too; I missed it the first time because he started talking about "knoppix lang=us" first, and I was scanning and didn't read the rest.Originally Posted by Tattenbach

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected] Laptop
$220.36
Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14" 16GB, Storm Gray
$356.80
Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T470 Intel Core i5-7300U 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Touchscreen Win 11
$199.00