Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: english please

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3

    english please

    :?: Is there an english version of knoppix. The version I have is in german. Or is there a way boot into an english KDE desktop? A little frustrated here!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    555
    At the boot prompt, type "knoppix lang=us". Next time, pay attention and download the ISO with EN in its name instead of DE.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    536
    If the keyboard is wrong too, the ) 0 key will be the = sign.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3
    You can change your downloaded iso to english by running knoppixlang.py
    -- see http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14195

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5

    English bootable Knoppix


  6. #6
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: english please

    Quote Originally Posted by crizzlator
    Is there an english version of knoppix. ....!
    I have no idea why everyone is giiving you bogus information (maybe we're supposed to jerk you around and I never got the memo). But there are both German and English versions of Knoppix. Follow the "Get Knoppix" link above. You want the iso file with EN in the name, as opposed to any of the ones with DE in the name (the German versions). The current one is KNOPPIX_V3.6-2004-08-16-EN.iso, Good luck.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5

    Bogus moderator

    Yes, I think you missed the menu. Anyway, you can start right away.

  8. #8
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: Bogus moderator

    Quote Originally Posted by Tattenbach
    Yes, I think you missed the menu. ...
    Opps, that's what I get for posting at 4:00 AM. I'll fix it. Thanks,

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5
    Never mind. I cannot sleep either.

    BTW, I just wanted to help the guy that perhaps wants to use the only CD he's got. Did not want to be BOGUS.

  10. #10
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Tattenbach
    Never mind. I cannot sleep either.

    BTW, I just wanted to help the guy that perhaps wants to use the only CD he's got. Did not want to be BOGUS.
    Yea, it was too strong a term on my part. Just that people seem to be telling him (and another poster in another thread tonight with the same problem) all kinds of work arounds, but not pointing out the "simple" fix (which, from the original post he didn't seem to know about). When I went back and reread things I saw that baldyeti did mention this too; I missed it the first time because he started talking about "knoppix lang=us" first, and I was scanning and didn't read the rest.

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix V_3.7 English iso
    By jyu613 in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-06-2004, 10:54 AM
  2. not in english
    By _Phillip_ in forum General Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-22-2004, 08:28 AM
  3. English please?
    By FloridaJohn in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-07-2003, 04:58 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-30-2003, 03:08 PM
  5. How do I get English
    By Douglas Phillipson in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-11-2002, 07:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$316.61



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1671.47



Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot

$129.99



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$102.99



Apple iPad Pro 12.9

Apple iPad Pro 12.9" 5th Gen 128GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Wi-Fi Or Cellular - Good

$489.99



Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$24.99



Western Digital 1TB 3.5

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive

$34.99