Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Product Key Code - I need a new one...

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    536

    Product Key Code - I need a new one...

    I just reinstalled XP after partitioning my drive and I don't have the product key code to activate it. I borrowed the cd from somebody else and they seem to have lost the key also. I have a code but it is not authorized and I don't know how to get a new one.
    My computer came with windows installed on it and I did not get a disc or any type of reinstallation stuff to fix it if I had any problems. I do have recovery discs to run, but they partition my drive the way they want it to be so I cannot use this because it will wipe out my partitions. I now have XP kanotix knoppix mandrake and win98. The XP one is the one that is giving me problems with the key code.

    Can I get someone else's to try? Here is the one I have that is not working and here is how to get the XP code off your computer:

    [removed by mod]

    Any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    171
    rrfish72,

    This is really not the place to ask for this buddy.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Nashville TN
    Posts
    29
    Try Belarc Advisor. It should be able to lookup all the software keys in your Windows partition. Works for most software titles, not just windoze.

    JP

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    111
    Heh. Thats a classic. Hurra for restore cds.

    Did you wipe the partition on which you install Xp?
    Before ever running the setup program.
    With recovercds, its an OEM key and that wont work if it sees
    anything windows like during the install.

    You cannot use this key if you install XP over the old install.
    Its not considered a OEM install and hence you need different key.

    I had the same problem and used XpKeyChanger to create a key that would allow me to
    install over the old install allowing me to keep my settings.

    This, however, its not legal and you might have problems using Windows Update.

    Btw: Funny place to post about XP keys....

Similar Threads

  1. testing php code
    By maxIT in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-16-2005, 08:13 PM
  2. Source Code?
    By ShadowAce in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-04-2005, 07:35 PM
  3. Knoppix from External HDD for Product Demos Please Help !
    By madsrini in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-30-2004, 12:08 PM
  4. error code pls help
    By ghostdancer in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-29-2004, 09:50 AM
  5. need source code
    By vynx in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-01-2003, 08:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR picture

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR

$23.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



Intel Core i7-14700KF 20-Core 3.4GHz LGA1700 33MB Cache CPU SRN3Y picture

Intel Core i7-14700KF 20-Core 3.4GHz LGA1700 33MB Cache CPU SRN3Y

$310.00



AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description) picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)

$59.00



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel Core i5/i7/i9 AMC CPU Processors, LOT of 90 pcs picture

Intel Core i5/i7/i9 AMC CPU Processors, LOT of 90 pcs

$18000.00



Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151

$79.99



Intel Core Ultra 7 265K 3.9GHz LGA 1851 Processor  picture

Intel Core Ultra 7 265K 3.9GHz LGA 1851 Processor

$249.99



Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor

$175.00