Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: AOL instant Messenger

  1. #1

    AOL instant Messenger

    Could someone plesae help me, im very new with linux as a whole, and I need help installing AOL instant messenger, I know I sound like an idiot, but I reallly need help. I went to the download page, but theres like four things to down, and im not sure which one to download, and I downloaded the "other OS" one, and im not sure how to install it or extract it or run it or whatevers wrong why it wont work, if someone could help me I would be very gratefull.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    30
    You don't need it. In the K menu, try Internet -> Gaim or Internet -> Kopete. They are both instant messengers which, like Trillian, can use many different networks including AOL.

    If you want to download AOL's instant messenger anyway, then you need to get the Linux version and follow the instructions for Debian 3+ on the aim website (assuming you're running Knoppix).

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    This is just a side note. Having been a big fan of Kopete I am impressed at the ease with which the newest version of Gaim supports encryption (with the gaim-encryption plugin). Transfer of keys is transparent. I've used encryption with Kopete for some time now, but it's a lot easier to send encrypted messages to Windows users now with Gaim.

Similar Threads

  1. Instant GPRS on yr Laptop/PC
    By FaRiS in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-08-2004, 08:24 PM
  2. MSN Messenger on Linux
    By Wikt in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-08-2004, 08:33 PM
  3. yahoo messenger
    By magoo in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-15-2003, 05:15 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-24-2003, 02:00 PM
  5. How to use MSN-messenger?
    By zerveza in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-03-2003, 01:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



Evergreen 586 - Processor upgrade 486 to 586 picture

Evergreen 586 - Processor upgrade 486 to 586

$149.99



INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG picture

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG

$299.99



AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description) picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)

$59.00



Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested* picture

Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*

$32.99



Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor picture

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor

$14.49



AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad picture

AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad

$355.99



(LOT OF 12) Intel Core i5-9500 CPU 3.00GHz Desktop Processor (SRF4B) picture

(LOT OF 12) Intel Core i5-9500 CPU 3.00GHz Desktop Processor (SRF4B)

$575.00