-
AOL instant Messenger
Could someone plesae help me, im very new with linux as a whole, and I need help installing AOL instant messenger, I know I sound like an idiot, but I reallly need help. I went to the download page, but theres like four things to down, and im not sure which one to download, and I downloaded the "other OS" one, and im not sure how to install it or extract it or run it or whatevers wrong why it wont work, if someone could help me I would be very gratefull.
-
You don't need it. In the K menu, try Internet -> Gaim or Internet -> Kopete. They are both instant messengers which, like Trillian, can use many different networks including AOL.
If you want to download AOL's instant messenger anyway, then you need to get the Linux version and follow the instructions for Debian 3+ on the aim website (assuming you're running Knoppix).
-
Senior Member
registered user
This is just a side note. Having been a big fan of Kopete I am impressed at the ease with which the newest version of Gaim supports encryption (with the gaim-encryption plugin). Transfer of keys is transparent. I've used encryption with Kopete for some time now, but it's a lot easier to send encrypted messages to Windows users now with Gaim.
Similar Threads
-
By FaRiS in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-08-2004, 08:24 PM
-
By Wikt in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-08-2004, 08:33 PM
-
By magoo in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-15-2003, 05:15 PM
-
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-24-2003, 02:00 PM
-
By zerveza in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-03-2003, 01:20 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$225.00

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2022 50 User/Device Connections
$68.00

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99