-
AOL instant Messenger
Could someone plesae help me, im very new with linux as a whole, and I need help installing AOL instant messenger, I know I sound like an idiot, but I reallly need help. I went to the download page, but theres like four things to down, and im not sure which one to download, and I downloaded the "other OS" one, and im not sure how to install it or extract it or run it or whatevers wrong why it wont work, if someone could help me I would be very gratefull.
-
You don't need it. In the K menu, try Internet -> Gaim or Internet -> Kopete. They are both instant messengers which, like Trillian, can use many different networks including AOL.
If you want to download AOL's instant messenger anyway, then you need to get the Linux version and follow the instructions for Debian 3+ on the aim website (assuming you're running Knoppix).
-
Senior Member
registered user
This is just a side note. Having been a big fan of Kopete I am impressed at the ease with which the newest version of Gaim supports encryption (with the gaim-encryption plugin). Transfer of keys is transparent. I've used encryption with Kopete for some time now, but it's a lot easier to send encrypted messages to Windows users now with Gaim.
Similar Threads
-
By FaRiS in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-08-2004, 08:24 PM
-
By Wikt in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-08-2004, 08:33 PM
-
By magoo in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-15-2003, 05:15 PM
-
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-24-2003, 02:00 PM
-
By zerveza in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-03-2003, 01:20 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Lot of 24 SK Hynix 64GB 2Rx4 DDR4 2933Y HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM Server Ram (AVA)
$11999.95

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00

SK hynix 32GB (4x8GB) 1Rx8 DDR4 PC4-2400T Memory Ram
$90.00

RAM G. SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB 2x16GB DDR4 3200 CL16 F43200C16Q64GVK Matched
$149.99

SK Hynix 32GB (16GBX2) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DIMM DDR4 HMA82GU6JJR8N-VK DESKTOP MEMORY
$139.99

Lot of 12 SK Hynix 64GB PC4-2666V LRDIMM Server Memory RAM HMAA8GL7CPR4N -Tested
$4200.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

256GB KIT (8x32GB) DDR4 PC4-3200 RDIMM Registered Server/Workstation BINNED
$1599.00