Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: AOL instant Messenger

  1. #1

    AOL instant Messenger

    Could someone plesae help me, im very new with linux as a whole, and I need help installing AOL instant messenger, I know I sound like an idiot, but I reallly need help. I went to the download page, but theres like four things to down, and im not sure which one to download, and I downloaded the "other OS" one, and im not sure how to install it or extract it or run it or whatevers wrong why it wont work, if someone could help me I would be very gratefull.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    30
    You don't need it. In the K menu, try Internet -> Gaim or Internet -> Kopete. They are both instant messengers which, like Trillian, can use many different networks including AOL.

    If you want to download AOL's instant messenger anyway, then you need to get the Linux version and follow the instructions for Debian 3+ on the aim website (assuming you're running Knoppix).

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    This is just a side note. Having been a big fan of Kopete I am impressed at the ease with which the newest version of Gaim supports encryption (with the gaim-encryption plugin). Transfer of keys is transparent. I've used encryption with Kopete for some time now, but it's a lot easier to send encrypted messages to Windows users now with Gaim.

Similar Threads

  1. Instant GPRS on yr Laptop/PC
    By FaRiS in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-08-2004, 08:24 PM
  2. MSN Messenger on Linux
    By Wikt in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-08-2004, 08:33 PM
  3. yahoo messenger
    By magoo in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-15-2003, 05:15 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-24-2003, 02:00 PM
  5. How to use MSN-messenger?
    By zerveza in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-03-2003, 01:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed) picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)

$361.91



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch

$79.99



Juniper Mesa 3 picture

Juniper Mesa 3

$1100.00



Juniper AP47 Mist Wi-Fi 7 802.11 6GHz 4x4 Wireless Access Point (NEW) picture

Juniper AP47 Mist Wi-Fi 7 802.11 6GHz 4x4 Wireless Access Point (NEW)

$999.99



Juniper SRX320 8-Port Security Services Gateway Appliance w/ AC Adapter picture

Juniper SRX320 8-Port Security Services Gateway Appliance w/ AC Adapter

$59.99



Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS picture

Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS

$8199.99



Juniper Networks SRX220 8-Port Gigabit Layer 3 Managed Rackmount RJ-45 USB picture

Juniper Networks SRX220 8-Port Gigabit Layer 3 Managed Rackmount RJ-45 USB

$285.00



Juniper EX4300-48T-AFI 48x 1GB RJ-45 4x 40GB QSFP+ Switch w/ Rails- Fast Ship picture

Juniper EX4300-48T-AFI 48x 1GB RJ-45 4x 40GB QSFP+ Switch w/ Rails- Fast Ship

$319.99