You could try changing the driver, which by default is 'vesa' to either 'ati' or 'radeon'. That's what I had to do in V3.1. Downloading v3.2 now, so I'll post back if that doesn't work![]()
I run Knoppix 3.2 with a video card Radeon 7000 and xfree reports Screen not founds.![]()
I have a crt monitor but in xfree appears a lcd monitor message.
Only vesa driver support with my video card?
Any hacking for XF86config-4??
You could try changing the driver, which by default is 'vesa' to either 'ati' or 'radeon'. That's what I had to do in V3.1. Downloading v3.2 now, so I'll post back if that doesn't work![]()
I have a mobility U1 in my laptop. ( compaq 900us )
I have the same problem. I just finished downloading 2003-3-30 and will try the CD again.
From what I understand, XFree86 4.3 has full support for all currently released ATi cards. If it were up to me, it'd would have had nvidia in there but that is for another thread.
For our 7000 / 7500 spinoff cards, the radeon driver should work fine now instead of vesa. In Redhat and Gentoo, the radeon driver used to cause a kernel panics on boot from about 4.2.99 or something like that and we HAD to use vesa in order for it to even boot.
The Radeon driver causes problems in XFree86 4.3. If I do a hd-install, I can't get my PC to shutdown. The screen just goes blank, and nothing happens.
Swithing to the vesa driver solves this. This sucks....
Nope. 3-30 does not work with radeon, ati, or vesa.
knoppix xserver=XFree86 xmodule=radeon
ect
4.3.0 Radeon driver seems to work fine with Debian builds. In Red Hat however, I had no luck at all getting anything but vesa to run my 7500.Originally Posted by mfischer

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00
NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX
$69.99
Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$640.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75
Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00