Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: FTP Server?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    10

    FTP Server?

    I just installed Knoppix 3.6, and configured apache, and now I need to set up an ftp server, but I'm totally lost on this one....... I looked at the manual for in.tftpd, but couldn't really make heads or tails out of it, as I didn't see any information I needed to know (access path, user name, rights, etc), so if someone could provide me with just a tiny bit of help, I'd really appreciate it.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    100
    I suggest you use vsftpd ("vs" stands for "very secure"). vsftpd can be configured to provide anonymous ftp only (so users don't need to transmit passwords) or normal ftp with authentication.

    Code: apt-get install vsftpd

    tftp is only for booting over the network interface (AFAIK - I may well be wrong here).

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    10
    Ok, got it. I'm kind of lost though, about how to set it up. Anyone who can provide some help would be greatly appreciated.

Similar Threads

  1. YP Server
    By rhpot1991 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-23-2004, 08:08 PM
  2. x-server?
    By mementomike in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-22-2004, 09:50 PM
  3. Server help...
    By hiddenw in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-27-2004, 08:27 PM
  4. X server crash: "Fatal server error: Active ring not fl
    By cmcclean in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-03-2003, 01:52 PM
  5. Terminal Server: Suspend to Server for clients
    By Robert Michel in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-26-2003, 01:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer picture

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer

$2999.99



Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503 picture

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503

$109.99



1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates picture

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates

$36.00



Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor picture

Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor

$70.00



Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+ picture

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+

$209.99



Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable picture

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable

$75.00



Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01 picture

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01

$127.06



Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare picture

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare

$179.00



NOB VINTAGE Earthlink MailStation Standard 120 - Email Appliance picture

NOB VINTAGE Earthlink MailStation Standard 120 - Email Appliance

$29.99



Pinnacle Systems GmbH BigBen-51015544-1.2A PCI Video Capture Card picture

Pinnacle Systems GmbH BigBen-51015544-1.2A PCI Video Capture Card

$26.21