as root, type #modprobe ipw2100, or modprobe ipw2200 if you have the a/b/g card
then #pump -i eth1
I got Knoppix to run fine on my Thinpad R50 but I can't get my Wi-Fi to work with it...
It has build in a wireless card...
I tried wlcardconfig and it said no card detected
I also tried netcardconfig and nothin there either...
Any ideas...
Thanks for you help
as root, type #modprobe ipw2100, or modprobe ipw2200 if you have the a/b/g card
then #pump -i eth1
I tried both of those commands...
both failed...
any other ideas...?
thanks though
I just posted a reply in another thread, please try it and report your results: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...r=asc&start=10
I hope it helps,
G
Hello,
I also have a ThinkPad R50.
I ran into the same issue with my internal wi-fi card not being detected. I was using a couple of older version of Knoppix and recently downloaded the latest which was 3.6. This version contained the drivers necessary.
When you download and use version 3.6 you will need to run the wlcardconfig utility to setup the wi-fi parameters and then your netcardconfig to setup the eth0 for DHCP.
Hope that helps.
JG
If you have the a/b/g card it is ath1. Try pump -i ath1
That works for my t41 with the atheros a/b/g card.
Good luck.
-PaulK

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00
Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
A LOT of 20 RAM Sticks G.SKILL Ripjaws 8GB DDR4 F4-2400C16S-8GRS - Test Passed.
$1100.00
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00
G.SKILL FLARE X5 64GB (2 x 32GB) 6000 MT/s DDR5 (AMD EXPO + INTEL XMP) *CL30*
$785.00
Lot 500 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Registered Server Memory RAM
$47988.00
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$43.00
Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00