Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: ThinkPad R50 Wireless

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2

    ThinkPad R50 Wireless

    I got Knoppix to run fine on my Thinpad R50 but I can't get my Wi-Fi to work with it...

    It has build in a wireless card...

    I tried wlcardconfig and it said no card detected

    I also tried netcardconfig and nothin there either...

    Any ideas...

    Thanks for you help

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    36
    as root, type #modprobe ipw2100, or modprobe ipw2200 if you have the a/b/g card
    then #pump -i eth1

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2
    I tried both of those commands...

    both failed...

    any other ideas...?

    thanks though

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Bellevue, WA
    Posts
    83
    I just posted a reply in another thread, please try it and report your results: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...r=asc&start=10

    I hope it helps,

    G

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1
    Hello,
    I also have a ThinkPad R50.
    I ran into the same issue with my internal wi-fi card not being detected. I was using a couple of older version of Knoppix and recently downloaded the latest which was 3.6. This version contained the drivers necessary.

    When you download and use version 3.6 you will need to run the wlcardconfig utility to setup the wi-fi parameters and then your netcardconfig to setup the eth0 for DHCP.

    Hope that helps.

    JG

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    1

    a/b/g card is ath1

    If you have the a/b/g card it is ath1. Try pump -i ath1

    That works for my t41 with the atheros a/b/g card.

    Good luck.

    -PaulK

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 04:40 PM
  2. Bus Error on a Thinkpad T23
    By guiraudn in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-25-2004, 02:37 PM
  3. Thinkpad A30 Wireless
    By qbus in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-28-2004, 05:29 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-06-2003, 09:34 AM
  5. APM on ThinkPad A31
    By niki2002 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-19-2003, 01:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord picture

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord

$174.99



Juniper Networks AP33 Wireless Access Point Bluetooth WiFi 6 Cloud Managed NIB picture

Juniper Networks AP33 Wireless Access Point Bluetooth WiFi 6 Cloud Managed NIB

$54.99



Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply picture

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply

$7299.99



Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99 picture

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99

$24.99



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic

$79.86



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p

$99.99



Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch picture

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch

$245.00



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch

$79.99