http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3311
this may help, I hope ...
Just purchased new 80 Gig hd & need help on partitioning as follows:
(1) for Windows 98 SE
(1) for Knoppix
(1) for Swap
(1) for Data ( for both OS's)
Do I really need all these? The new HD comes with partitioning software but not sure it will do the above.
I am trying to wean myself from Windows but know absolutely nothing about partitioning & very little about Linux.
Please supply specific steps.
Jim
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3311
this may help, I hope ...
If you need to continue using Windows, you actually have things set up pretty well. I wouldn't change things unless you intend on getting rid of one of your operating systems.Originally Posted by Jim
Use the partitioning software and
1. create a fat32, primary partition
2. install W98
if you wish to install Knoppix on HD
3. create a swap partition, about double size of your RAM
4. create one or more (one partition is enough but there are reasons like security why you might use more) ext2, ext3 or reiser partition
5. create another fat32 partition for your data
6. install Knoppix, be sure there is an entry for W98 in the boot menue of the bootloader you use.
7. smile and have fun ;o)
Hope this will help a bit,
SaintBlue

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00
AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99
INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99
PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99