Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Knoppix 3.3 & Celeron D

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1

    Knoppix 3.3 & Celeron D

    Hello, i'm quite new at Linux generaly, but have great expirience in computers generaly, HW & SW.
    My problem is that when I try to install Knoppix 3.3 from console using 'knoppix-installer' it only shows startup screen and after that it breaks and 'usage of Xdialog' shows', and-that's it.
    My first guess would be that it's problem with Celeron D 2,4.
    I did the installation with AthlonXP and it went on normally.
    Pleade advice! THX

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    260
    Hi, I could be wrong about this, but it seems to me, and I looked at my notes for knoppix 3.3, that the command to install 3.3 is "knx-hdinstall" at least I know that's what I did, and I just recently re-installed 3.3 I have installed 3.4 (actually linux tag 3.5 but it's the same thing) and that install uses the newer installer "knoppix-installer" Why the newer script ran on your other computer I don't know, but I think you could try "knx-hdinstall" in a console/shell after you are running from the cd. Good luck. Let me know if it works.

Similar Threads

  1. Does Knoppix support celeron machine?
    By stedy in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-06-2004, 01:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard) picture

DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)

$399.95



VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack) picture

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)

$1599.95



MICROSOFT WINDOWS SERVER 2025 RDS 50 CAL NEW Factory Sealed picture

MICROSOFT WINDOWS SERVER 2025 RDS 50 CAL NEW Factory Sealed

$136.87



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$484.99



Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots picture

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots

$745.00



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W

$1029.99



Dell PowerEdge T430 8 x 3.5 Hot Plug 2X E5-2680 V3 Twelve Core 2.5Ghz 192GB 3X 2 picture

Dell PowerEdge T430 8 x 3.5 Hot Plug 2X E5-2680 V3 Twelve Core 2.5Ghz 192GB 3X 2

$949.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00