Quote Originally Posted by ska_p_te
but can you also place it on the cd? that it automatically starts ?
Unless you want to create your own Knoppix Live CD distribution disc, the answer is NO...

Simple fact is, that, the CD is read-only, you cant write anything to it, thats why when you boot it, it uses a ramdisk ( memory being used as a drive ), when the system reboots, or is powered down, the ramdisk gets evaporated, and thus, so does any changes or configurations that you have made. UNLESS, you use the save configs and / or the save Persistant Home ( which will use a hard drive, writtable media source for storing between boots ).

The other way around this "read-only" issue, is that you create your own Live CD, with your changes in the configs, and boot that. Hence, create your own Knoppix Distro... You might want to check in the other forum, maybe see if someone hasnt already done this, or has tips on how one would do it, I have no clue on the subject, I run a hard drive install, and dont think I need to create my own Distro to get what I need... See what the forum "Customizing & Remastering" has to say... You should be able to get what you want, and hopefully, it isnt that difficult to do