-
Junior Member
registered user
developing a tcp server being used in knoppix
I'm having some pretty interesting issues. I can put up code on request, but it doesnt seem to be a code issue.
I've built a process that uses a C++ server and a PHP client (hosted via apache) that communicate via localhost Tcp. On my Gentoo dev machine, they work great. Moving things to Knoppix, the accept() call in the server returns "Invalid Argument".
I do have slightly different versions of apache, gcc, etc...as apt-get and emerge rab slightly different things by default. But i did a little cross-testing, heres where things get interesting..
When I boot IN KNOPPIX and chroot into my gentoo partition, I run my server executable. I run the client in the a regular Knoppix web browser (ie my knoppix apache) and it works.
I boot IN KNOPPIX, re-configure and re-make the server code that is IN MY GENTOO PARTITION (so I'm using Knoppix gcc, libs, etc). I run that executable from a Knoppix shell, it fails. I chroot into my gentoo partition and run that new executable, built from the knoppix shell, and run it..and the whole process works.
Boy oh boy am i lost. I am totally willing to put together a stripped down version of this issue if someone wants to see it. But I'm thinking/hoping its something to do with the way Knoppix is put together, and i dont really know much about its trickery..
thanks, dave
Similar Threads
-
By mk in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-26-2005, 01:52 PM
-
By jpiranha in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 19
Last Post: 09-24-2004, 05:02 PM
-
By amm in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-09-2004, 11:41 PM
-
By cmcclean in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-03-2003, 01:52 PM
-
By Robert Michel in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-26-2003, 01:21 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Samsung 1TB SSD BM91H 1TB (MZ-VMA1T00) Internal SSD M.2
$135.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$36.99

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99

Samsung 250GB SSD 850 EVO 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive MZ7LN250 MZ-75E250
$25.99