have you tried compiling it statically? might be some lib's missing...
I'm having some pretty interesting issues. I can put up code on request, but it doesnt seem to be a code issue.
I've built a process that uses a C++ server and a PHP client (hosted via apache) that communicate via localhost Tcp. On my Gentoo dev machine, they work great. Moving things to Knoppix, the accept() call in the server returns "Invalid Argument".
I do have slightly different versions of apache, gcc, etc...as apt-get and emerge rab slightly different things by default. But i did a little cross-testing, heres where things get interesting..
When I boot IN KNOPPIX and chroot into my gentoo partition, I run my server executable. I run the client in the a regular Knoppix web browser (ie my knoppix apache) and it works.
I boot IN KNOPPIX, re-configure and re-make the server code that is IN MY GENTOO PARTITION (so I'm using Knoppix gcc, libs, etc). I run that executable from a Knoppix shell, it fails. I chroot into my gentoo partition and run that new executable, built from the knoppix shell, and run it..and the whole process works.
Boy oh boy am i lost. I am totally willing to put together a stripped down version of this issue if someone wants to see it. But I'm thinking/hoping its something to do with the way Knoppix is put together, and i dont really know much about its trickery..
thanks, dave
have you tried compiling it statically? might be some lib's missing...
but that sounds like it could be the right track..
how does knoppix interwork with various architectures? ie is there specific C flags i should be passing in to the compiler if im developing for knoppix? right now im jus tpassing in -O0 and -g3 for debug info...plus -static now...
Unless your working on a differnt Physical architecture with knoppix, the flags should be the same.Originally Posted by dkennedy

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
Lot of 88GB (22x4GB) ADVANTECH 1RX16 DDR4 PC4-2400U AQD-D4U4GN24-HP MEMORY RAM
$286.00
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
Grade A Micron Cisco 64GB PC4-3200AA DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF8G72PZ-3G2 LOT
$599.99
Lot of 3~BAD~NON-WORKING Micron 64GB 4DRx4 PC4-2666V-LE2 Server RAM Memory DDR4
$600.00
LOT OF 4 Samsung 16GB DDR4-2666 ECC UDIMM 2Rx8 PC4-21300 M391A2K43BB1-CTDQ
$469.95
Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V
$41.00
Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00